Sunday, September 13, 2015

Spider Web Season a Second Look

It is the most wonderful time of the year!  Halloween opens the holiday season and is my favorite.  I love the grunginess, the off kilter, the messy (bring on the inky accidental finger prints and smudges), the textures, and the rich autumnal colors along with deep bright tones.  I shared last week a card with a black spider web and today I have another look at more webs.

Halloween is all about candy, costumes, and tricks, right?  So, as a treat for you I will share my web trick.  It's so simple.  Heat up your hot glue gun, squirt a blob of melted glue on a sponge, take a second sponge and press it into the blob, pull the sponges apart like taffy, and wrap the melted strings around your card or project.  For things larger than a card use two pieces of styrofoam.  We do this at work to make webs to encase Halloween floral designs.
Card made using the Witches Night stamp set, leftovers from the Witches Decor Project Kit, Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, and Cajun Craze card stocks and inks, Black Staz On ink, Lots of Labels Framelits, and hot glue gun cobwebs 

No comments:

Post a Comment