Tuesday, October 9, 2012

PUMPKINS!

Today's challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments is all about pumpkins.  I went with a traditional orange pumpkin but I love all the white, green, grey-blue, dimpled, and multi-colored pumpkins they are so cool.

I made my punch art pumpkin using the 2 1/2" Circle Punch.  There are five pieces total.  The center top piece was punched twice.  First as a circle and then I put the piece back in the punch to shape it as a leaf.  The remaining pieces are circles layered behind to create and finish the big fat pumpkin.  The leaf was cut from the Autumn Accents Bigz Die and then spritzed with Platinum Shimmer Paint mixed with rubbing alcohol. 

For the background I included a scrap of Howlstooth and Scaringbone which had been run through the Rosette Bigz XL Die.  I think it looks like a fence.  I really like using accordion folds for all kinds of projects.  See another Halloween decor project here which uses accordion folds.  The greeting comes from the Curly Cute set and is stamped on Very Vanilla.  It may be a bit tricky to see but it is also attached to a bamboo skewer.  The large bow is tied with the 7/8" Natural Cotton Ribbon and I used Linen Thread on the leaf.

http://seeinginkspots.blogspot.com/2012/10/pumpkins.html

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!!! Very Nice!!! Came over from Kim Scores Blog.... So Glad she linked you up...

    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this post? I love the fence and leaf on the cute punched pumpkin. The bow looks fab also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little fence. And the colors are perfect for fall. Really soft and warm. Great job:)

    ReplyDelete