Thursday, March 8, 2012

I Think I Have a New Favorite...

...color combination.  A long time ago when my parents bought their first home I was only a few months old.  My mom and dad did my room up in bright yellow with white and black daisies.  Weren't they cool?  How the trends come and go and come again.  Truly, I am waiting for the big hair of the 80s.

 
Over at the Play Date Cafe they are hosting a color challenge that suits my new love so perfectly.  I am drawn in by how the bright yellow, soft buttery yellow, white, and charcoal look so crisp and clean.

My card features a Whisper White doily cut from the Large Doily Sizzlet found in the Occasions Mini Catalog.  The daisy paper ribbon that runs across the bottom of the card comes from the Spring Fever Simply Scrappin' Kit.  I shared a card in my last post using this kit (go check it out it's bright and cute).  The textured Daffodil Delight card stock panel was stamped with the Distressed Dots background stamp. The banner greeting is stamped in Basic Gray Classic ink with the Perfectly Penned stamp set.  If you are a font junky then this is a great set for you as it has movement and and panache.

 
All Supplies from Stampin' Up!
  • Stamps - Distressed Dots, Perfectly Penned
  • Inks - Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight
  • Paper - Basic Gray, Whisper White, & Daffodil Delight Card Stocks
  • Accessories - Spring Fever Simply Scrappin', Large Doily Sizzlet, Daffodil Delight Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Subtles Designer Buttons, White Bakers Twine, Basic Rhinestones, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy craftin, Elizabeth

5 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, I'm picturing your nursery as a child, and it sounds absolutely beautiful! In fact, I'm feeling card-inspired just thinking of it. ;)

    Your doily sizzlit is so eye catching! In fact, every detail seems just right to me.
    Thanks so much for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, love the daisy border, and the intricate die cut doily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Nice border and doily die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never have thought to put yellow and gray together, but it works so beautifully. What a happy color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite card for this Play Date! Beautiful work...

    ReplyDelete