There's a fun sketch challenge to try over at Create With Connie and Mary, CCMC- SUM02. I pulled out my Proud Peacock stamp set which I new would be perfect for the focal panel on this sketch. My color palette is a rich and warm combination of Early Espresso and Peach Parfait with accents of Pacific Point and Pear Pizzazz.
here. Now, on to the how you get this subtle colored effect you can see in the peacock feathers.
1. Using markers ink up your image starting with the lightest color first.
2. Stamp the image on a neutral cardstock. I find that Whisper White and Very Vanilla work best.
3. Clean stamp and reink with a dark color. I used Early Espresso.
4. Using a Stamp-a-ma-jig align the image to stamp slightly offset from the original stamped image. Remove imaging sheet and stamp.
5. Spritz the image with a mix of Shimmer Paint and rubbing alcohol. This will cause the colors to slightly bleed. (Double click on the photo to really see this detail)
6. When completely dry stamp the A to Z image down the right side of the panel.
7. Spritz the panel using the Art Air Gun for the delicate splatter flecks.
You can see lots more fabulous stuff at Create with Connie and Mary's site today. We have had an AMAZING first week over at "Create" and so you know we have challenges on Saturday for our subscribers. When they participate they are entered to win one of two $75 gift certificates, or one of two FREE subscriptions to Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Edition. That could be YOU!
All Supplies from Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Proud Peacock, Fabulous Phrases, A to Z
Inks: Early Espresso & Peach Parfait Classic Ink Pads, Pacific Point, Pear PIzzazz, & Tangerine Tango Stampin' Write Markers
Papers: Early Espresso, Peach Parfait, & Very Vanilla Cardstocks, In Color Designer Series PapersAccessories: Mini Library Clips, Basic Rhinestones, Pear Pizzazz 1/8" Ribbon, Art Air Gun, 1/2" & 3/4" Circle Punches, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch