Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Gasoline Grunge

That's right I have coined a new style, you heard it here first, and it's GASOLINE GRUNGE.  I think it is totally cool sounding and it represents everything greasy, oily, messy, smeared, textured, splattered, industrial, and layered.  The inspirations for this new style (GO AND EMBRACE IT) are vintage gas stations, American Pickers, and American Restoration.  Have you seen those tv shows.  I have and not because they are my favorites, but because I don't have control of the remote!  In any case we now have a new style.
My card features the Engraved Greetings stamp set and if you look close you will see the background stamp Sanded.  I thought my focal point was a clever use of one stamp to create a some interest.  My favorite part of the card is the added splatters/overspray of shimmer paint.
Happy craftin, Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment