Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Mistletoe Home Decor

I really, really enjoy coming up with projects which highlight the Decor Element line of Stampin' Up! products.  Just take a look at this Christmas beauty.  

I found an old frame in my garage which was almost the perfect size for the Mistletoe Decor Element.  Because the size of the frame was larger than what I wanted it forced me to figure a way to make it work.  Sure I could have gone out and bought a new frame and glass, but I was feelin' cheap.  Anyway, I decided to add the ribbon and star detail.  It makes things more interesting to me when dimension is included--and this has it.


The five-point star is definitely a highlight for me.  It is colorful and very "punchy" in person.  In fact, these photos do not do this piece justice.  The only thing inside the frame/under the glass is Silver Waffle Paper.  I had to do two rows of it, but because I kept the crinkle and added a bit more scrunch you can't even tell where the seam is--I am good ;0) 


What do you think of the added bits of bling?  There are two Candy Cane Big Buttons wrapped with Silver Tinsel that make me smile.








Enjoy making all of your holiday decor.

1 comment: