Saturday, October 23, 2010

One Last Treat!

Here is the last Halloween treat for the season. I made bunches of projects this year and have shared most of them over the past few months. I used the Matchbox die for the Big Shot as the base for this treat. I added a stamped greeting and a bow for a fast finish. I am happy with the greeting and it's striking softness (if that is even possible). I stamped the greeting on Whisper White, punched it out using the Wide Oval Punch and then sponged Pumpkin Pie ink around the edges and into the center. I think sponging is an easy technique that can easily go wrong. What I mean is I try to avoid getting blotchy spots by starting to sponge off the edge of the piece in a circling motion and work onto the piece toward the center. This is a sure way to get a more sophisticated and polished look.

Over the past three weeks I have been busy at the beach. I have been at Capistrano Beach all month and have made lots of Christmas things. But get this, not one of them is a card. I have made lots of ornaments, a gorgeous paper wreath, a stack of cute boxes, and even a garland. I have not shared them on my blog just yet because when I get home I want to add a few finishing details to take the projects to the "next level." Look for them next week.

1 comment:

  1. Capistrano Beach!?!?! Thats only 15 minutes from me!! hee hee Are you on Vacation?
    I live in Mission Viejo.

    I adore your blog, you have the best ideas, and thankyou for sharing so much!!
    Tandra

    ReplyDelete