Sunday, March 5, 2017

Boxes, Baskets, and Bags Oh My!

Welcome everyone to my SeeingInkSpots Blog and our Creation Station monthly blog hop.  Our Boxes, Baskets, and Bags Oh My theme is perfectly timed for Spring holidays and treats.
I made several types of hybrid baskets that each include a rick rack woven handle.  How do you make paper rick rack you ask?  Grab your Envelope Punch Board and punch away.  Stay tuned for a second post later today for a how to on making the rick rack strips.  (rick rack tutorial link)
I have used papers and colors from the Succulent Garden DSP, the Oh So Succulents stamps and framelits, and the Basket Bunch stamps and framelits.  This first basket is part box, part bag, and part basket.  The bottom is a card stock box minus the lid, a piece of DSP creates the bag appearance, and the rick rack handle makes this a bit more like a basket.
The inside of the box-bag-basket is lined with Mint Macaron grass cut from the Basket Builder Framelit set.
To make the box bottom piece I used my Envelope Punch Board.  Instead of folding the card stock into an envelope I just folded the flaps upward and wrapped Tear and Tape all the way around to hold the shape and to attach the DSP.
The Egg Carton Boxes are the coolest.  They take ink so well.  Just mix rubbing alcohol with ink refill drops and spritz--easy easy peasy.
From my blog you can hop click over to Kathy or back to Julie and have some fun!  Until next month enjoy and lots of happy stampin'.

to Kathy
to Julie



3 comments:

  1. What a clever way to make a bag! I'll be back to check out your handle later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Liz! Fabulous!! Your creations are always so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all incredibly cute!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete