Friday, September 6, 2024

A Paper Pumkin Thing: Time for Cake


Welcome stampin' friends to another A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop. Today's featured kit is August's Time For Cake. This Kit was jam packed with fun FUN elements and a fantastic palette of colors.


This first card is what I am calling a Double Gate Fold. When the bow is untied the Night of Navy candle panels open to reveal "second card front." I love this type of card because it's like getting two cards in one, thus the second card front. Scroll down to see what I mean.



This second card layer opens to reveal the inside of the card and where you can sign a sweet birthday message.


So, here is a look at the inside of this Double Gate Fold card. I even included a pocket on the left gate side to tuck a gift card or something special.


I love the simplicity of this "hooray" card. While it's a clean and simple layout, it did take several minutes to complete. I think what took the longest was the layering of the greeting. I stacked three dies cuts to create lots of dimension, two in Basic White and one in copper. The copper paper comes in the Metallic Textured 12" x 12" Specialty Cardstock pack.


All of the layers are raised up with Stampin' Dimensionals which gives this card its cool presence. I accented the greeting with some loops of retired Night of Navy Baker's Twine and I finished the card with Adhesive-Backed Shiny Sequins.


When the stamps are out don't forget to stamp the inside. For this card I mimicked the strips of paper from the front of the card with the candle image on the inside.


Well wasn't this fun to see a couple Time For Cake Paper Pumpkin alternatives? There's more in store for you. Just click on the "next blog" button for more inspiration. Do come back next month for the Autumn Abundance alternatives. Sign up for the kit by September 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment