Sunday, July 7, 2024

Creation Station is Casing the Annual Catalog


It's the first Sunday of the month which means it's Creation Station Blog Hop time! Welcome to the hop. This month we are casing the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog.



Below are two cards from the Catalog that I decided to case or rather copy and selectively edit. Take a look and I think you will see where I grabbed a bit of inspiration from the Wildly Flowering samples on page 40 of the Catalog.


I used the Wildly Flowering Suite Collection to create these two cards. For this card one of my favorite details is one you most likely won't notice. Around the edges I stamped the small texture stamp from the Wildflower Designs Stamp Set over and over to give the illusion of blending ink around the perimeter. I say that small texture stamp is the "money" image of the set.


Two things I did add to this card that are not part of the Wildly Flowering Suite Collection was a leaf die from the Country Flowers Dies and a rectangle from Everyday Details Dies.

 
My second card was inspired by the mauve card. I loved the row of florals so I mimicked that and then went with my own thing. That to me is the "selectively editing" part of casing. I find it fulfilling to grab one idea and then go from there with your own style.


The simplicity of the two strip of colored cardstock to me pull this card together. Most important they provide gravity to the card and color. Another simple and subtle detail for this card is the light ink blended background and delicate splatters. These simple touches allow the wildflower images to pop and be the star of the show/card.


While the stamps and blending brushes are out I always do a quick bit of added detail to the inside of my cards. Here's a look at the interior touches of this card.


I sure appreciate you stopping by today to check out our Creation Station Blog Hop. Next up is the lovely Andrea Tracy. Click over to see how the Annual Catalog has inspired her.





No comments:

Post a Comment