Saturday, August 12, 2023

Artisan Post #12 - Little Dreamers


These oversized baby cards showcase a more fashion forward color palette. I took the traditional baby blue and pale pink colors to a fun mix of Bubble Bath, Petal Pink, Berry Burst, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, and Basic Black.


Both cards measure 4 1/4" x 6". I find that extra vertical 1/2" of canvas allows for showcasing more hand stamped elements. For these cards I stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and then used a bunch of Stampin' Blends to bring the Little Dreamer images to life.


This card totally reminds me of Operation Dumbo Drop. I love how the black twine hugs the baby elephants big belly. To get the illusion of the of the twine wrapping around the body I cut a slice right along the ear to be able to slip the strands under so they appear to be going over the elephant's back.






No comments:

Post a Comment