Monday, May 22, 2023

Lighting the Way meets Pretty Peacock


Our theme for Stampin' Fancy Friday this month is all about color. I chose to feature Pretty Peacock. Several years back Pretty Peacock was an In Color and now has made a return to be one of the core colors for Stampin' Up!

I also decided I would create with the Lighting the Way Stamp Set and Dies. The lantern in that set of Dies makes for a strong focal element so I seem to keep using it over and over. I also thought it would be interesting to ink up the Cheerful Daisies Bundle to accent the lantern on one of my cards.


For this card my inks include Whisper White, Blackberry Bliss, Gray Granite, and Lost Lagoon.
For the two shape layers I used the Nested Essentials Dies.


I mixed images from both Lighting the Way and Cheerful Daisies to frame and highlight the lantern. For both the lanterns I pre-inked my die before running it through the Stamp and Cut Emboss Machine.






2 comments:

  1. Whoa, these to designs are so amazing, the colours are outstanding and love the background paper which highlights the the stamped mounted images. I keep going back and looking at these to cards....... such a wonderful piece of work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, what? Preening the die? What is that? Lovely cards, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete