Saturday, December 10, 2022

Stampin' Fancy Friday is Using Their Stashes


Our theme this month at Stampin' Fancy Friday is #useyourstash. We could pull out anything from our library of stamps, papers, dies, embellishments...  I pulled out Wild Wild West; a stamp set from 2002.


For both cards I made four pieces of custom blended background papers. On Very Vanilla I used Blending Brushes to add the following inks: Mango Melody, Polished Pink, and Soft Suede. I splattered the blended papers with water, Wink of Stella, and Dark Crumb Cake Stampin' Blend.


Also, for both cards I used up some of my Cinnamon Cider Cardstock, Well Suited DSP, a Stampin' Chalk Marker. To rough up the edges I pulled out one of the tools from the Distressing Cutter Kit. All products that Stampin' Up! has carried at one point.


From my current stash of stamps and dies I used the Fond of Autumn Bundle and the Layering Circles Dies. I did heat emboss the greetings with White Embossing Powder. And, I couldn't help but add some single threads from the Silver Threaded Twine. I love the rustic look of these strands and how it lends to the finished look of these hot, dry, western-themed cards.









3 comments:

  1. Breathtaking cards! Those backgrounds are fabulous and fit the mood of the stamps so well.I was so excited to see you using older stamps, too. Lately, I've been pulling out those sets from wwwwaaaaayy back and it's a fun trip down nostalgia lane. Wood-mounted stamps still are the best in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these. love the way they are colored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such terrific masculine cards. Love the challenge to use your stash. Sometimes in our haste to get the newest model we forget the treasures we have on hand. Beautiful card and great style. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete