Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Inking Up My Cottage Rose


Are you in the mood for a sketch challenge? We have one over at Hand Stamped Sentiments that is pretty cool and as always open to your interpretation. If you take a look at my card You'll see I've taken some liberties to be inspired by the sketch and to make a slight alteration.


Or, rather a major alteration. I decided the two layers under the circle were too much for my card. You see that's the fun of a challenge, you can modify to fit your design. I always say "there's no card challenge police."

I pulled out some totally non-Christmas paper to make a friendship card. I pulled out from my stash what I have left of the Tea Boutique 6" x 6" DSP for my card layers and to paper piece the images from the Cottage Rose Stamp Set.


I like to stamp directly on DSP as it creates such cool patterns, shadows, and highlights. I stamped the cottage rose and leaves image on a piece of the Blushing Bride gingham print. Then I stamped the leaf image on a piece of the Tahitian Tide polka dot print. I fussy cut the rose and the leaves and then mounted them on a die cut of the same image to create lots of dimension.








No comments:

Post a Comment