Friday, September 2, 2022

Sweet Sunflowers for A Paper Pumpkin Thing


Welcome to another A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop. This month we are showcasing a gorgeous kit called Sweet Sunflowers. I made lots of alternative projects and some just the way the kit was brilliantly designed. In this post I am sharing two things, a card and a "bagalope."


First up is a top fold card. Mounted on a Rich Razzleberry card base is the back side of one of the watercolored cards from the Kit. It was the perfect backdrop for a bright purple-pink sunflower.


To make the sunflower I stamped on Basic White Cardstock with Blackberry Bliss Ink. Next, I did a quick bit of coloring with a red and a pink tone Watercolor Pencil from Assortment 2. I blended the pencil color with a Water Painter and then added touches of Gorgeous Grape Ink.


To add dimension while the flower was damp I used a stylus to dry emboss the center. I did that from the backside to pop the center up. A Stampin' Dimensional stuck to the back keeps it nice and puffy.



These next photos are of my goodie bag. I put together this "bagalope" using one of the watercolored envelopes from the Kit. To make the bag I first cut the flap of the envelope off. Then glued it to the back side leaving the top open.


Next, I scored the two sides and the bottom at 3/4". Then I folded back and forth on all three scorelines, pinched the corners and formed the bottom which make the entire little goodie bag come together.


For the sunflower on this project I did the two-step twist technique to get lots of lush layers of petals. I colored the flower the same as the one above however I also added touches of Crushed Curry to the petal tips.


A folded over Blackberry Bliss Stitched Rectangle tied with threads from the Silver Thread Twine keeps the bagalope closed.



It's been fun having you stop by here for A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop.  Click on each of the links below to get tons more inspiration using the super amazing Sweet Sunflowers Paper Pumpkin Kit.

1 comment: