Thursday, September 29, 2022

#CommonWealthofColour


Today myself and fellow #artisanalumni friends are paying special tribute to Queen Elizabeth II. We call it #CommonWealthofColour. All the projects you will see today have been inspired by the amazing colors that the Queen would wear. I chose pale blue for my focal color to base my projects.  


In honor of fellow Stampin' Up! Demonstrators from the United Kingdom I made these cards with their measurements. It was so refreshing to create in a slightly larger/taller format of 4 1/8" x 5 7/8. This first card is based with Pool Party and then I added a Balmy Blue Stitched Rectangle which I wrapped with a Vellum Cardstock die cut from the Organic Beauty Dies.


Next, I created a floral bouquet using the True Beauty Bundle and Pool Party, Balmy Blue, and Granny Apple Ink Pads and Stampin' Write Markers. Tucked into the stamped pieces are Silver Foil berries and ivory Glimmer 12" x 12" Specialty Paper sprays. For the two main flowers I added a large Iridescent Rhinestone and scattered all over I included Iridescent Pearl Basic Jewels.


I came across this photo of Queen Elizabeth II with her sweet doggies. I instantly thought of the Glad We're Friends Stamp Set and decided to make a second card to pay tribute to the Queen and our celebration of #CommonWealthofColour. 


This card is made on a Thick Basic White side fold base. The next layer is a piece of Basic White that was die cut with the Stitched Rectangles. I gently added some swirls of Pool Party in and then, just like the first card, I wrapped this one with a Vellum Cardstock die cut from the Organic Beauty Dies.


I stamped three of the dogs and one fan on Basic White with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and colored them with Stampin' Blends. I fussy cut all the images and layered them to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I used one of the circles from Stylish Shapes for the greeting and colored the insides of the letters with a Pool Party Stampin' Blend.

I wasn't going to add any more to the card and then decided that since it was for the Queen I would add more of the Iridescent Pearl Basic Jewels. I went full out and added lots ;0)


Check out the explosion of colorful inspiration and join in the fun by using #commonwealthofcolour when you post your projects and share a few of your favourites to your stories on social media.





No comments:

Post a Comment