Friday, June 3, 2022

#TGIF371 Rugged Icons


I saw this cool color challenge for #TGIF371 and instantly thought it would be a great fit for a masculine card.  So, that's what I did.  I grabbed the Rugged Icons Dies, the Good Feelings Stamp Set, and the He's the Man Designer Series Paper.





While this card has a clean and simple design it took me a long time to finish.  I started with die cutting the beard twice.  Once with a piece of DSP and the second with cardstock.  Then I traded the inner pieces and glued them to a white square panel.  That task was tedious, especially the mustache.  The finished look was worth the time and sticky fingers.

I stamped the Rays of Sunshine background image to add an irregular striped layer behind the white panel.
The hip hip hooray greetings come from the Good Feelings Stamp Set.  I heat embossed them with White Embossing Powder on Pacific Point Cardstock and then added a highlight strip of Crushed Curry Cardstock.





No comments:

Post a Comment