Thursday, May 26, 2022

Celebrating In Color


Welcome to another A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop.  This month's kit is Celebrating In Color and it's just that  celebration of all five of the 2022-2024 In Colors.  Today I am all about Starry Sky.  It's a dark deep saturated blue that is rich and stately and totally gorgeous.

I created a card using one of the printed envelopes and three of the stamps in the kit.  To start I grabbed a piece of Starry Sky Cardstock and a Thick Basic White card base.  I like a top fold so I cut a 4 1/4" x 11" piece and scored it in half at 5 1/2".

The background, which is the inside of one of the envelopes, includes some Gold Leafing.  I swiped Liquid Glue across here and there and then rubbed the gold leaf to the sticky spots.  I like to use an adhesive remover to buff off the excess gold leaf.


On a piece of Starry Sky I stamped and embossed the word "happy" with Gold Embossing Powder. Then I carefully painted an ombre effect inside each letter with Starry Sky and Whisper White Ink Pads.  As I was adding Wink of Stella it blobbed out so, I had to rub it all around to fix it.  I used the flap of the printed envelope to cut the flowers and leaves from the Summer Shadows Dies.


If you look to the right side of the card you'll see I tucked a scalloped border of In Color Glimmer Paper.  The color wasn't Starry Sky.  It was a scrap of Orchid Oasis that I had sitting on my stamp desk.  

I'll be having a class next week where I will stamp up all the pieces within this Celebrating In Color Kit.  Join me.  Bring your kit and we'll stamp together.


Thanks for joining me today.  Be sure to click on each of today's hoppers to see lots more ideas using this amazing kit that is jam packed with total awesomeness!

1 comment:

  1. Stunning! I'll have to try this as an alternative May PP Card! I'm blown away!

    ReplyDelete