Sunday, April 3, 2022

Inspired by My Favorite for Creation Station


And here we are.  It's the first Sunday of the month which means it's time for a Creation Station Blog Hop.  This month's theme is to stamp a project inspired by our favorites.  I have lots of favorites, so it was tricky to figure what I wanted to create.  Then it became very obvious to me that one of my MOST favorite things ever are tacos!  From there it was fun and truly inspiring.





Being inspired by one of the VERY BEST taco places ever, Taco Mesa in Costa Mesa California, I made these two taco themed cards.  I've eaten in thousands of places and this place is hands down in my top three favorites.  Not only is the food delicious, the ambiance is bright and spunky.  From the murals to the hundreds of stickers wallpapering the walls and table tops, and the ocean breezes this place holds a place in my heart.


To make these two cards I grabbed several sets of dies to cook up my punch art style tacos.  First, the tortilla shells are So Saffron and were cut from the Layering Circles Dies.  I folded the circles over a bone folder to get the perfect shape and then flicked a Soft Suede Stampin' Blend to get that cooked look.  The Greenhouse Dies were just what I needed to make al pastor, carnitas, cheese, cabbage, and other tasty taco fixins.


To truly set the scene for these tacos I turned to the Sunshine and Rainbows DSP from our past Sale-a-bration and the doily die from the Fabulous Florals Dies.  This doily die was the closest thing I had to replicate the classic papel picado decor.  On this first card I cut four of the doilies to make a stencil/mask.  I laid the mask on a piece of Basic White and then spritzed it with a Bermuda Bay Reinker and rubbing alcohol mix.


For my custom greetings I used the Playful Alphabet Dies and some Rainbow Glimmer Paper.



Okay, so in real life this "spectacolar" card is totally adorable.  It's made with the same elements as my first card.  This card the tacos are smaller kind of like little street tacos.




What are your favorites?  Be inspired by your favorites and sit down to create.  It's surprising what you will come up with.  I had no idea how I would take the theme of tacos and turn them into cards, but when I was done I was totally loving what I made.

Next up is the super stamper Barb Pfeffer.  Seriously, Barb can stamp and create masterpieces.  Her cards are always designed with style and superb design skills.





6 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! These are amazing! Now, to go get me a taco! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so lifelike! LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly amazing projects. Even you stepped up your amazing creativity with these "spectacolar" cards. Just "wow"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so adorable and clever! Now I want to try Taco Mesa! Thanks for a great card idea and a new restaurant recommendation!

    ReplyDelete