Friday, April 8, 2022

Beyond the Horizon: A Paper Pumpkin Thing


Have you seen March's Beyond the Horizon Paper Pumpkin Kit?  Every element packaged in the kit is awesome.  From the printed card bases and envelopes to the laser cut mountains, leaves, and labels, two stamp sets, to the spool of ribbon and the glorious iridescent rhinestones this kit ROCKS!

I've created a super stack of cards using the contents of the kit, the On the Horizon Bundle, and a few extra pieces of cardstock.  I'm going to share three cards from that stack for today's "A Paper Pumpkin Thing" Blog Hop.

This first card is a BEAUTY.  It seriously is stunning in real life.  I started with half a sheet of Calypso Coral Cardstock cut into a diagonal fold.  To do that I first score a full sheet of cardstock in half both vertically and horizontally.  Then I cut from the top left corner to bottom right corner.  One full sheet makes two cards.


I used one of the envelopes for my background paper.  Take a closer look at the background paper to see the stampin' that I added for some added visual interest and depth.  For the focal images I stamped the two-step floral images on Basic White with Pale Papaya and Bumblebee and then fussy cut them out.  The leaves are Misty Moonlight stamped off.


In this photo you get a better look at the diagonal cut and how it opens.


On a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Basic White I did some simple stampin' with Pale Papaya and Misty Moonlight Ink Pads.


My second card is quite similar to my first card.  This card base is Night of Navy 4 1/4" x 11" scored at 2" and 7 1/2".  Again I used and envelope as designer paper, I stamped it, and then added flowers.


Here you get a better look at the "gate" folds.  


The clean and simple approach to my third card made for a pretty quick finish.  Everything is from the kit with the exception of a die cut that I added behind the circle/sun and the water piece.  I also used Versamark Ink and White Embossing Powder.




Do be sure to click to each of the hoppers today to get a plentiful dose of inspiration.





1 comment: