Thursday, February 3, 2022

Kisses and Hugs: A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop


Being that it's February don't you think it's a lovely time for a Valentine themed blog hop?  So, the time is now for 'A Paper Pumpkin Thing' Kisses and Hugs Blog Hop.  The Kisses and Hugs Kit is the Paper Pumpkin box from January.  Packed with all kinds of soft pink, coral, grey, and gold this kit gives you beautifully rich elements to make awesome projects.


I've made a couple cards and a mini-album with pieces from the kit and a few added cardstocks. Let me show you my pretty creations.


This offset gatefold card is based on an 11" x 4 1/4" piece of Flirty Flamingo Cardstock.  I made my own custom DSP with the "x" and "o" images from the kit, a piece of Basic White Cardstock, and a bit of soft ink blending.  I used a Blending Brush to lightly add Flirty Flamingo Ink.

A Blushing Bride tag, die cut with the Tailor Made Tags, is the perfect layer to showcase two of the kit's heart shaped die cuts and some glitzy touches.  For the greeting I cut the Be Dazzling Specialty Paper (SAB '21) with the Amazing Thanks Dies and paired it with the "friend" image. 


Here's a look at the simple stampin' included on the inside of my "amazing" card.


Card number two is based on a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of Grey Granite Cardstock.  I made a belly band using a strip of one of the envelopes from the kit and then used that to layer all my focal pieces on.  I love the die cut gold foil leaves on this card.  I used up some of the Forever Gold Specialty DSP that I had in my stash for this card.  If you don't have any of that on hand the Expressions in Ink Ephemera Pack would be a great substitute.  In fact, that's what I wanted to use, but my pack only had a few of the geometric shapes left and I wanted leaves ;0)



Now for a look at my mini-album which is a project in the works.  My plan is to make this a grandma's brag book all about the cutest boy on the planet--Finn!  He is my first grandchild and boy is he amazing.  I love him to the moon and back.  He's Finntastic!!

This mini-album is based on an 11" x 6 1/8" piece of Flirty Flamingo Cardstock and three of the envelopes from the kit.  I bound and tied off the pages of the mini-album with Linen Thread.  I braided the long ends of the Linen Thread for a cool look.  To secure the braids I rolled and glued tiny little paper beads.


I used more of the Be Dazzling Specialty Paper, the Playful Alphabet Dies, and Foam Sheets to create "Finn" on the cover.  After I stamped the "x" and "o" images I splattered Wink of Stella all over for a subtle bit of texture and shine. 

Here's a top view of the mini-album.


This is an inside look at the pages.


The hearts unfold to give lots of space for pictures and designer elements.


I will be making this album and the cards on my Up!STYLE Your Paper Pumpkin Facebook Live Video today, Feb. 3rd at 10:00 MST.  If you miss it don't worry I'll save the video for watching at any time that's good for you.  Go to my Seeinginkspots Page on Facebook to see my video.

Now, it's time to click on each of the links below to be inspired by the Kisses and Hugs Paper Pumpkin Kit.  Don't miss this opportunity for major paper crafting coolness.




5 comments:

  1. Love your projects. They're so creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why my name didn't publish. -- Jodie

      Delete
  2. I am a huge fan of your blog. Love Love your creations. Just want to say congratulations on the new member of your family. What fun you will have.

    ReplyDelete