Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Sketch Stampin' Fancy Friday


Here's my take on the sketch challenge for the month of February for the Stampin' Fancy Friday Team and everybody who would like to join along. I enjoy sketches as they map out layers to be stamped and arranged in ways I might not typically think.


You can see from the hand-drawn sketch below how closely I stuck to the layout.  Sometimes I have been know to stray from sketches, but not this time.


I cut lots of flowers from the Floral Squares Dies to create a floral backdrop for my focal VW Bus and greeting.  The colors of the flowers are Petal Pink, Calypso Coral and Soft Seafoam.  I adhered them to a piece of Daffodil Afternoon DSP.  I covered the entire card front with another pattern of paper from the Daffodil Afternoon pack.


I stamped the VW Bus on a scrap of Very Vanilla with Memento Black Ink and colored it with Soft Seafoam, Grey Granite, and Calypso Coral Stampin' Blends.  I grabbed my paper snips to do a pretty quick cut out of the bus.  The balloons were a bit trickier to cut because they were so small.  I do think it was worth the effort.







No comments:

Post a Comment