Sunday, December 12, 2021

Much Gratitude and Heartfelt Wishes


The Blackberry Beauty Specialty DSP is super gorgeous.  The colors, patterns, and addition of gold foil details make this pack of paper most delicious.  I wanted to include rich purple tones, with warm cider colors, and shimmering vellum for my spin on Stampin' Fancy Friday's Gratitude Challenge.  So, it made me happy to use the Rich Razzleberry holly pattern to backdrop my floral images and die cuts.


I included two stamp sets to create this card.  The "much gratitude" greeting is from the Heartfelt Wishes Stamp Set and the floral image and die cuts are from the Hand Penned Petals Bundle. Speaking of the Hand Penned Petals, what took me so long to get this Bundle?  It's classic while being current.  It's a lovely set of hand drawn flowers with semi-solid images to fill in the blossoms and leaves--it's a MUST HAVE SET for your stash of stamps.


I heat embossed the greeting with White Embossing Powder and then accented the image with a banner cut and a ruffle of Early Espresso Cardstock.  To make the ruffle I cut a 3/4" strip of cardstock and then broke down the fibers of the paper by pulling it over a bone folder repeatedly. After several swipes the cardstock starts to magically separate.  Once it was ready to separate I carefully pulled the pieces apart and then used the pieces to make my ruffles.


On Basic White Cardstock I stamped the floral image with Blackberry Bliss Ink.  I then used a bunch of Stampin' Blends to color the flowers and leaves.  I used Fresh Freesia, Rich Razzleberry, Cinnamon Cider, Pale Papaya, and Crumb Cake.

I did add a few embellishments for this card.  From the Holiday Rhinestones I used the Pumpkin Pie colored rhinestones to accent the floral bouquet.  Linen thread tied in a bow adds a bit of loopy texture to the greeting and last splatters of Wink of Stella give that bit of glisten that I can't seem to get enough of.


Thanks for stopping by to get a closer look at my Hand Penned Much Gratitude card designed for December's Gratitude Challenge.  Happy Stampin' Elizabeth





No comments:

Post a Comment