Tuesday, November 16, 2021

My Sketch Challenge


I drew this sketch for our current challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  I had one idea in mind and then when I sat down to create a card using this layout something totally different happened.  I was planning a wreath, but as I was thumbing through my stash of dies I saw the Delicate Baubles set and my switched plans.


I did something a bit different for this card.  For the right side narrower panel rather than adding a layer of paper on top of my card base I slit the cardstock and tucked the white layer of DSP in-between.  The finished card has two pages.  


Here you can see the narrow "first page."  This is where all the focal pieces are arranged and attached.  To make the narrow "first page" I used my paper trimmer to make two cuts both from the center scoreline to the bottom edge.  You can see I adhered a contrasting piece of DSP on top and a second underneath.


When the card is open here is what you see.  The strip of DSP behind the greeting is the back side of the white print front layer.


Main Products Used

Tidings of Christmas DSP
Peaceful Christmas Paper Pumpkin Kit Stamps
Delicate Baubles Dies
Sounds of the Season Dies (retired)


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous sketch! I love you used the bauble and die cut it from the red glitter paper and how you finished the inside of the card. Such beautiful layers and dies for a wonderful Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever card Elizabeth, I will have to give it a try! A wonderful surprise when they open the card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete