Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Inspired Thank You Card


Sometimes when you create a project with an inspiration board as a motivator it's quite obvious.  This time this board moved me to use certain colors.  Specifically colors from the "gather friends" pillow image in the lower left corner.  I was super drawn to the Sahara Sand, Cinnamon Cider, and Soft Succulent colors for my pretty floral thank you card.

This inspiration themed challenge is being hosted by Hand Stamped Sentiments.


Now my colors are soft and subtle as I used Blending Brushes to swirl ink onto Snowy White Velvet Paper.  The tight velvet plush of the paper lends to a gauzy ethereal appearance to the flowers.  I blended the color first onto the paper and then used the Summer Shadows Dies to cut the detailed floral pieces.  Behind the three larger flowers I included some of the Be Dazzling Paper.  This in combination with the velvet makes this card so luxurious.  The stamped images are from the Shaded Summer Stamp Set.


While my Blending Brushes were out I added Whisper White ink to the Sahara Sand background panel.  I also splattered Light Gray Granite and Light Flirty Flamingo Stampin' Blends to the panel before I loaded up all the prettiness.





3 comments: