Thursday, September 2, 2021

A Paper Pumpkin Thing


Hello Paper Pumpkin fans and welcome to our "A Paper Pumpkin Thing" Blog Hop.  This hop features the August Hope Box Kit.  I thought it would be fun to share with you my spin on decorating and making a hope box.  It's not a box but instead I made a "happy day" hope notebook.


At this time of year when sales on back to school supplies are everywhere, I usually pick up a composition book for cheap.  This one cost me less than $.50!  I get a kick out of decorating books because I use them all the time.  I also thought this Hope Box Kit included perfect pieces to make a pretty dreamy notebook.


The giant butterfly had to be the focal element for my book cover because it's BEA-U-TI-FUL!  What should I put with it?  I started grabbing papers that would showcase the butterfly and not upstage or clash with it.  I used a piece of the SAB Beautifully Penned DSP to dress up the cover and then the Shimmer In Color Vellum I thought was a good call to mix amazingly with the butterfly.  To that I used two of the kit's envelopes, a piece of Petal Pink Cardstock, SAB's Be Dazzling Paper, and Rainbow Glimmer Paper.


To cut the circles I used the Layering Circles Dies and for the "happy day" I used the Word Wishes Dies.  I customized the Be Dazzling Paper with several Stampin' Blends; Petal Pink, Rich Razzleberry, and Purple Posy (retired).

My MOST favorite element in this kit are the iridescent adhesive backed sequins.  They are so SO luscious to me.  I would love to have hundreds of them ;0)


I'll be live on Facebook next Thursday, September 9th for my monthly Up!STYLE Class.  Anybody can join me and stamp along to make lots more projects featuring August's Kit.  Click here for a link to an invitation reminder.


Are you looking for even more ideas using the Hope Box Kit?  Well then, keep on clicking through the entire group to see some fantastic projects.

 



2 comments:

  1. This notebook is so pretty! I use a lot of notebooks, too - true pen-and-paper girl here (or, to be more accurate, pencil-and-paper....a good pencil is one of life's small pleasures to me). You'll smile every time you use your notebook, it's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete