Tuesday, August 10, 2021

One Layer Timeless Tropical


For the latest inspiration board challenge hosted by Hand Stamped Sentiments I made a single layer Timeless Tropical friendship card.  


On a Thick Basic White I blended Pale Papaya and Coastal Cabanna to create a custom background inspired by the picture in the upper left corner of the board above.  Before I started blending the two colors I added a strip of lightweight scrap paper across my card base as a mask. This mask when pulled away made it look like I added a white layer.  This's a great trick for creating visual layers without adding any extra bulk/weight.


Next, I stamped a row of palm trees using Basic Black Ink and a greeting (retired, but my all-time favorite black pad).  Then, I die cut "aloha" and a bunch of the flowers in Pale Papaya, Poppy Parade, and Bermuda Bay.  I embellished the card with Artistryn Blooms sequins, thinned out Linen Thread, and a touch of Wink of Stella on the "aloha."



1 comment:

  1. Love the tropical feel with those gorgeous colours and the palm trees xx

    ReplyDelete