Thursday, April 29, 2021

A Paper Pumpkin Thing is So Cool


Are you interested in alternative Paper Pumpkin projects?  If you answered yes, you are in the right place.  You have landed here today just in time for our "A Paper Pumpkin Thing" Blog Hop. Everything you see in this hop will feature items crafted with April's So Cool Kit.


I'm always a sucker for a clever-cute box for packaging a little trinket or goodie.  So, what I had envisioned for this project came to life as this stylish kiwi themed square box.  I used two of the kiwi popsicle cards from the kit which I wrapped around a Basic White hand made box bottom to bring my vision to life.


Here's what I did:
  • I cut one 3 3/4" square piece of Basic White Cardstock and two 2 1/4" x 1" strips of Basic White Cardstock.
  • I scored the 3 3/4" square piece at 1/2" on all four sides, clipped out the four corners, and folded upward on all the scorelines.
  • I scored both of the 1" strips right down the middle of each at 1/2".
  • I trimmed off all the sticks from both of the popsicle cards.
  • I scored across both of the popsicle cards at 2 1/4" from the bottom edge, clipped along the fold of the card from the top to the added scoreline, and then folded the tops inward.
  • I used Stampin' Seal+ to add the 1" folded strips to each of the popsicles to allow me to attach the two cards to form the four sides of the box.
  • I used more Stampin' Seal+ on the folded up tabs of the box bottom and inserted it into the popsicles.
  • I wrapped Mossy Meadow Braided Trim around the box and tied a bow.
  • I stamped a tag with the stamps from the kit and layered it on one of the silver glimmer die cuts from the kit and then layered it on a strip of Early Espresso Cardstock.
  • I tied the tag to the box with a piece of the twine from the kit.  Before I ran the twine through the tag I colored it with a Soft Suede Stampin' Blend.


Here's a side view where you can see how roomy this little box is.


If you would like to see my Up!STYLE Facebook Live video class where I'll be sharing a stack of projects featuring the So Cool Kit join me next week.  I'll be on my Seeinginkspots Page on Thursday, May 6th at 10:00 a.m. PST.  It's going to be a blast.

link to class reminder


Be sure to click on all the names below to see lots more inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment