Friday, February 26, 2021

#TGIF305 Sweet Ice Cream

This week's #TGIF305 challenge is ice cream inspired.  A perfect new bundle for this themed challenge  in the January-June Catalog is Sweet Ice Cream.



Look how totally tasty and tall this triple scooped cone is on the front of this delectable card.  As a kid I aways liked the ultra sweet flavors like tutti-frutti, lemon sorbet, and grape ice.  When we would stop by Baskin Robbins I ordered grape ice most of the time.  Now, I would take a hard pass on that and would go for praline pecan--yum.


I collected a few tools to accompany the ice cream cone.  First I embossed a piece of Playing with Patterns DSP with the new Painted Texture 3D EF.  That reminded me of making custom flavored ice cream on cold stone marble.  Then I added the Stitched With Whimsy detail for a touch more sweetness.


I heat embossed the "happy" with White Powder on Calypso Coral Cardstock and then fussy cut it out.  Both the greeting images come from the Pretty Perennials Stamp Set.






2 comments:

  1. I love the way you did the word "happy". I wouldn't have thought of doing that. I was looking to see what framelit you used. It's such a "happy" card. I'd love to receive it for my birthday. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect fussy cutting! I have been trying to figure out how to use my cricut to cut this word. I can't believe we didn't get a die for that one! Love this card and all the special little details you added to it!

    ReplyDelete