Friday, December 4, 2020

#TGIF293 Hey There Friend


It's color challenge time at #TGIF293.  I blew this challenge!  For some reason I wasn't paying close enough attention to the details and I used the WRONG blue color.  I used Seaside Spray instead of Balmy Blue.  Both hues are soft shades of blue and are fabulous colors to have in your collection. (oh well, onward and upward, on with the show)



For this uber cute friendship card I inked up two stamp sets.  For the Highland Heather background I used Pattern Play, thanks to Melody Hyde for her inspiration, and for the greeting and donkey I used Darling Donkeys.  The second set is coming soon.  This January and February this charming set will be available as part of Stampin' Up!'s Sale-a-bration.



Don't you just love my Smokey Slate donkey with blue hooves, ears, and muzzle?  I am all for using challenge colors to create in fanciful palettes.  Who says it has to be realistic?  I love the unusual.  So, here's what I did to color the donkey.  I stamped the image with Smokey Slate Ink and then used Stampin' Blends in Smokey Slate and Seaside Spray.  I grabbed a Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Blend to add a hint of purple color to the Basic Rhinestones.



No comments:

Post a Comment