Friday, October 23, 2020

Trick or Treat #TGIF287

Welcome to our Trick or Treat #TGIF287 Challenge!  I thought I would share a fancy folded card designed just for this upcoming tasty-sweet holiday.





The perfect stamps and pre-printed die cuts for any Halloween project come from the September "Hello Pumpkin" Paper Pumpkin Kit.   I found that those elements combine perfectly with a few of the pieces of paper in the Plaid Tidings DSP.  And, with a few other die cut pieces of cardstock I had the best elements to make a fun "Have a Happy Halloween" card.


For this style fold I started with a  5 1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock.  Score along the long edge at 1 3/4", 3 1/2", 5 1/4", and 7".  To make the specialty cuts turn the cardstock and slice from the first scoreline (1 3/4") to the third scoreline (5 1/4") along the 1 1/2" mark.  Repeat and make a second slice between the same scorelines along the 4" mark.  (see diagram)



For the "bleeding" and "ghosting" greeting I first paint a strip of cardstock with water and a bit of Cajun Craze ink.  I let it barely dry and then stamp the greeting with more Cajun Craze ink.  I wanted the image to wick into the water for a blurry look.  Once the strip was getting close to being dry I stamped the same greeting with Memento Black Ink.  While the cardstock was still not completely dry I curled and molded the strip for a curvy dimensional banner.






No comments:

Post a Comment