Sunday, October 4, 2020

Pick a Spice for Creation Station



Okay, get ready for an unusual theme for this month's Creation Station Blog Hop.  This is our "Whatever You Wannabe Stampin'" Spice Girl inspired challenge.  It's totally fun.  We were to pick a Spice Girl: sporty, scary, posh, ginger, or baby to inspire our stamp projects.

With mighty HUGE changes to our family this month I picked BABY spice for my inspiration.  Why? Because, Grandbaby Price is due in less than two weeks!  Our very first grandchild is a girl and I plan to love and shower her with hugs and snuggles and cake for breakfast anytime she wants.

Perfect products for my baby themed projects are from the Playing with Patterns Suite.  I love that the papers of the suite inspired a joyful and non-traditional style and color palette for these baby cards and box.  I am not a pale pink for girls and light blue for boys kind of person.  I like things spunkier, less predictable, and bright.

For this card I did all the background stamping first and then I ran the panel through the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.  My ink colors include Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral, Misty Moonlight, and Highland Heather. Cardstocks for this are Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Purple Posey, and Night of Navy.  Besides the Playful Alphabet I grabbed two more die sets to pull this card together.  I used the Rectangle Stitched and Well Written Dies which are both very well loved.



The Mini Paper Pumpkin Boxes are a part of the Suite and are lots of fun to customize and decorate to fit and theme.  I spritzed this box with Calypso Coral Ink Refill in a Stampin' Spritzer.  I used 70% rubbing alcohol instead of water for quicker drying and better blending.  Right after I spritzed the box I used a Sponge Roller to blend the color.

Part of the Suite includes a Ribbon Combo Pack and Resin Dots.  Both embellishments are awesome!




You are going to love you next stop along today's hop.  Yvonne has some super stampin' talents and she's sure to inspire you.  Enjoy and a sincere thanks for dropping by.







4 comments:

  1. I adore these cards and the box--great tip on blending the color on the box! I'm a bright baby colors person, too. Congratulations! You will have one lucky granddaughter to spoil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these projects are gorgeous! I love the ribbons and the different elements on the Mini Paper Pumpkin Boxes. Exciting times for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your designs - love that the colors are not "traditional"! good luck to you and your family in the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete