Friday, September 25, 2020

#TGIF283 Ink Blending

Now this is a fun challenge.  We are ink blending over at #TGIF283.  Blend with sponges, blending markers, brushes, or water painters to make one-of-a-kind papers and details for your stamp projects.



I blended Real Red and Just Jade Inks for my spin on this technique challenge.  I chose to use watercolor paper and a wet paintbrush to blend the two inks.


First, I painted a piece of watercolor paper with plain water.  Next, on a large clear block I stamped directly into both the red and green ink pads.  I added water to both colors to really move the ink but only blending the two very little in the middle of the block.  Last, I stamped the blended-painted block on the wet watercolor paper.  I let the water do all the work make my fun and spunky background paper.


I did grab three die sets to pull this Christmas card together:  the Rectangle Stitched Dies, the Joy Dies, and the Sounds of the Season Dies.  The block style stamped images are from the Peace and Joy Stamp Set.  And there is some subtle sparkle included on the card.  The narrowest "bright" layer is Red Foil, there are iridescent Adhesive Snowflakes, and Frost White Shimmer Paint misted all over.






1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic card! Thanks for explaining how you created your blended background. The foil on the word is great and I like all your accents.

    ReplyDelete