Thursday, August 6, 2020

A Paper Pumpkin Thing and Summer Nights


A big HUGE "hello and welcome" to all who stop by this hop!  If you don't know me I'm Elizabeth Price and I am a true Paper Pumpkin fan.  I adore these monthly kits from Stampin' Up!   I think they're the best thing since sliced bread.

I have shared many alternative projects using this kit in the past two weeks.  I even did a Facebook Live video featuring a Summer Nights party set up.  I have a few more unseen alternatives that I saved for this hop.  And, here they are...


This gift bag is filled with Milky Way Candy Bars!  I thought they were fitting for the summer nights theme.  I also thought a great match to this kit were the Printed Gusseted Bags in the Annual Catalog.  But let's talk about the color of the bag.  For most of my alternative projects, I call them Up!STYLED projects, I spritzed lots and lots of color everywhere.  (scroll to earlier posts to see more ideas and tons of spritzing)

I filled a Mini Mister with 70% rubbing alcohol almost to the top and then I added 6-8 drops of ink refill.  My ink refill colors include Coastal Cabana, Night of Navy, Blackberry Bliss, and Calypso Coral.  For the bow of the bag I spritzed one of the envelopes in the kit and when it was dry I sliced 1/4" strips.  I curled each strip with a bone folder and glued them to a 1/2" circle in a criss cross fashion.


I tried spritzing one of the Mini Paper Pumpkin Boxes and love the effect.


Take a super close look at the greeting on this tag.  I inked up the greeting with Coastal Cabana and I inked up the firework image with Night of Navy.  I did some stamp kissing here; I stamped the greeting image with the firework image and then stamped the greeting on the tag.  The two-tone effect in real life is quite effective.  I also love how the overspray flecks of color add to the look and dimension of the tag.


This card is based on a Misty Moonlight and is so charming.  The added dotted paper comes from the Playing with Patterns DSP pack.  I think it looks fantastic with the ferris wheel printed die cut. For the white label I cut it in half lengthwise and opened it up to appear larger than it's real size.


Be sure to work through all the stops along today's hop to ignite your creative mind with tons of awesomeness and alternative ideas using the Summer Nights Paper Pumpkin Kit.  Enjoy!


1 comment: