Thursday, May 28, 2020

A Paper Pumpkin Thing


Welcome to A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop.  This month's A Kit In Color is cheerful, spunky, modern, and full of fabulous design elements.


I grabbed a few extra items and then sat down to create some fun.  On my desk I had my paper trimmer/scorer, scissors, a few sheets of Whisper White, Basic Black, Just Jade, and Misty Moonlight cardstock.  I also grabbed my Stamparatus and a few ink pads, Crushed Curry, Pretty Peacock, and Highland Heather.  For a few projects I added Basic Rhinestones and new Misty Moonlight Ribbon.


For this first card I changed the fold and then layered a panel of Whisper White cardstock inside the card to cover the original scoreline.  For the belly band I cut a strip of Just Jade cardtstock to wrap around the card.  The "happy day" greeting is stamped with Pretty Peacock and a Stamparatus.  I stamped the greeting several times to get a solid heavy coverage of dark teal ink.


This pouch pack holds three of the Purple Posy notecards and envelopes.  To make the pouch I used two of the Just Jade card bases.  For step by step instructions click here.


For this easel card I included a few basics.  There is a panel of Basic Black and three Basic Rhinestones.  You are wondering why a calendar now?  I ordered them for class the very beginning of this year and when they finally arrived my stamp classes were derailed by Covid.

Another thing to note about this card is the greeting.  I didn't want to fuss with masking to stamp one word on one cloud and others on the second cloud, so I cut the stamp apart.


On the middle "hey" card below I used the leftovers from the notecard pouch pack for the diagonal piece.  Using the Stamparatus I did some ink blending to play up the colors and rainbows in the kit. For all three of these cards I did some fussy cutting of the "hey" greeting.  I know some don't like to fussy cut, but I find the more I do it the better I get AND I believe the finished look is worth it.



I felt the In the Tropics Dies combined perfectly with this kit.  The new Bumblebee and Just Jade colors combine to make a vivid pineapple and the small tropical style flowers play off the puffy enamel elements in the kit.

People have asked about the fringe I have made in the past and on this gift bag.  They want to know how to make it.  Here's what I do:
  • Cut off a piece of tissue from the kit and fold it in half both directions.
  • Cut narrow strips one after another across the fold stopping about 1/4" before the edge. Repeat cutting the narrow strips lengthwise down your entire folded piece.
  • Once all the strips are cut I open it up flat to one layer then refold it in half. 
  • Add a bit of glue to hold the halves together, then add it to your project.  Note, for this bag there are two layers of fringe.


Thanks for hopping along with all of us this month for A Kit In Color.


1 comment: