Tuesday, October 22, 2019

HSS#326 Happy Day


Have you seen the Let It Snow Specialty Designer Series Paper?  It's a specialty pack because there are all these great glittering details on most of the pages.  Each of these detail cut snow people have sparkling-glitter to make them extra super cute and happy.

For our latest sketch challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments I thought this trio of snowmen would fit the layout perfectly.  Do pop over to our site and see what all of the Designers have whipped up featuring this cool new layout.


I busted out three sets of dies to create this card.  I first used the Layering Circles for the main focal point, then the Rectangle Stitched Dies, and last the Word Wishes to cut the "Happy Day."  I worked in reverse of my usual for cutting the Pool Party layer.  Usually I would cut the stitched rectangle then I would emboss the Tufted 3D.  When I go in that order the stitching detail gets squished and lost.  I was pleased that the tufted look didn't get too smashed and the stitching shows well.


For the "Happy Day" and the scalloped circle I used the blue paper from the Peacock Foil pack.  It blends great with the Blueberry Bushel details in the snowman papers.  The dark blue twine is pulled from the Night of Navy Sahara Sand Bakers Twine.  Take a close look at the top hat and you will see Red Rhinestone berries.

No comments:

Post a Comment