Tuesday, August 27, 2019

HSS Inspo Board


Heat embossing, watercoloring, and layering--what could be more classic for a hand stamped card?  My color palette, pulled right from Hand Stamped Sentiments inspiration board, is Rococo Rose, Merry Merlot, Grey Granite, and Garden Green with a watercolor wash of Blushing Bride.


I started with a piece of Shimmer White Cardstock and stamped it with the large floral image from the Good Morning Magnolia Stamp Set.  I heat embossed the image with Platinum Embossing Powder and then spent some time watercoloring the entire piece of cardstock.  I mentioned I did a watercolor wash of Blushing Bride, but only to the floral image.  To do a wash you simply paint with water and a hint of color.  This lends to easier and more natural blending.

For the background I lightly watercolored several layers of Grey Granite Ink.  I think it's interesting that the color looks more brown than grey.  I even added a light touch of watercolor to the greeting label.  By the way the label was cut using a die from the Lakeside Set.




No comments:

Post a Comment