With this being the first Sunday of the month it's time for a Creation Station Blog Hop! For this month we have got your back, background that is. Need something unique, bold, clever, simple, tricky, or new? If you said yes, then this hop is for you.
This tri-color textural vintage themed background is for the person who loves to get inky. For this look here's what you do:
- Start by preinking the back side of the 3D Tin Tile Embossing Folder with Crumb Cake Ink. This will put the ink in the recessed areas of the folder.
- Run a piece of Pool Party Cardstock through the Big Shot in the preinked folder.
- With Whisper White Ink Pad use a "direct to paper" method to brush ink on the raised areas and edges.
- Use a Sponge Dauber to add Champagne Mist Paint to more of the raised areas.
Cut from Gold Glimmer Paper is the gorgeous detailed frame and band cut from the Detailed Bands Dies. Have you checked out this set of dies? If you love intricate looks then this set is for you. For the floral image and the greeting I used the Band Together Stamp Set.
My second card is a twin to the first. I switched up the color palette and background technique for this second look. This time I went for a softer approach.
For this soft realistic birch background I did something rather simple. Here's what you do:
- Stamp the Birch Background on Whisper White Cardstock with Crumb Cake Ink.
- Use an Aquapianter to brush and blur the ink with a full coverage of water.
- Run the wet paper through the Subtle 3D Folder.
- Adhere to the front of a card base allowing the edges to curl.
To complement the blurred background I watercolored the main floral image which was stamped with a non-waterproof ink. This blurred look pairs nicely with the background.
I say with all sincerity "thanks for hopping with our Creation Station Design Team today." You are going to click over and land at the adorable Mikaela's Crafty oINK Pen.