Sunday, June 30, 2019

Paper Pumpkin Alternatives 3



Welcome Monday Montage Blog Hoppin' friends.  For today's post I thought I would share my third set of cards using leftovers from June's Paper Pumpkin Kit.

My first card has a bit of a story behind it and it goes like this:  It all started with deciding to use the tissue paper from the Paper Pumpkin kit packaging as a background.  I squirt Liquid Glue on the front of a Thick Whisper White Cardstock base so I could adhere some crumpled tissue.  The plan seemed to work in my mind, but instead I had a sticky mess.  So, to fix the mess I crumpled more tissue on top of the wet sticky glue.  Then I had too much tissue and needed more glue.  I was battling an uphill fight.  Plan B was to soak up and take the sticky out by adding Dazzling Diamonds glitter.  That for sure solved the problem, however this card has a lot, I mean A LOT, of glitter.  For me to say that is huge because I think glitter is a color!


But the battle of the glue continued (you'd think I would have learned my lesson).  I wanted a foaming like seashore of sequins, so I squirt more glue, yes more glue (was I nuts?).  I sprinkled sequins on top of the glue and pressed them into place only to get more stuck to me that to the card.  So, more glue for more sequins ... more glitter to help dry up the glue ...


Since the sequins were out and in my reach I thought a shaker card would be fun.  This time no glitter would be allowed!  But alas in my twisted mind I couldn't stay away from a bit of shine.  I splattered the card front with Wink of Stella.



It was so nice to have you stop by and visit.  As the greeting says, "my day is better because of you."  You are now heading to check out what Melissa Stout has been working on in her craft room.

to Dani
to Melissa

Monday Montage Hoppers

1 comment:

  1. Cute cute! I just love this Paper Pumpkin kit!! and I love what you have done with it!

    ReplyDelete