Friday, May 10, 2019

#TGIF211 No Layers

"Look mom no layers!"  Sometimes simplifying a hand stamped card is harder than it appears.  To create visual dimension and layers that we as paper crafters love, it's really tricky to stamp "just a card."  And that's our challenge to all of you this week at #TGIF211.



My one layer card is made with Thick Whisper White Cardstock.  First I pounced some Pool Party Ink then Pear Pizzazz Ink to add a quick background of color.  Next, I stamped the bird image and greeting using Momento Black Ink.  


I colored the birds, branch, and leaves with a variety of Stampin' Blends in soft brown, blue, and green tones.  To give the birds a bit more visual impact I lightly painted them with a wash of Whisper White Ink.  Last, I ran the entire front through the Subtle Embossing Folder.




6 comments:

  1. #1 fan here! Gorgeous use of the birdies and giving it all some texture while maintaining NO LAYERS! Who came up with this challenge?? CHALLENGE is certainly what it is! AHHHH! When you say you "pounced" it, what exactly does that mean for creating the background? LOL I like the technique! We'll call it "Liz Price's pouncing" when I recreate it!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you pulled it off great! Looks so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Liz - I love the blended background and muted tones and the embossing of the stamped card adds interesting detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. très jolie carte. merci pour le partage

    ReplyDelete