Thursday, December 27, 2018

Fancy Friday



Welcome to December's Fancy Friday Blog Hop.  Did you just visit with Paula?  Her stampin' skills always inspire me and I'll bet you admire her style too.  For this month we are double stampin' to be ready with handmade cards in our stashes to send out.  Plus the challenge is to create with products from the 2019 Occasions Catalog.  I spent a bit of time today crafting with the Floral Romance Suite on pages 10 and 11.


The pieces included in the Wonderful Floral Framelits are GORGEOUS, intricate, versatile, and offer such elegance.  The Soft Seafoam lattice boarder on the left of my first card was cut with one of the dies from the set.  In fact everything was cut with pieces from the dies with the exception of the word "friend."  There is a VERY cool set of dies new in the Occasions Catalog called Well Written and they are such a delight to have in my stack of tools.


The stunning background paper is actually vellum and it comes from the Floral Romance Specialty Pack of DSP.  I have layered it on a piece of Soft Seafoam Cardstock.  To adhere the vellum I added a tiny amount of glue behind the darker flowers.  This perfectly hides the adhesive and lends to a much tidier finished look.


My second card is ready for the next wedding announcement that comes my way.  I have used the same elements as my first card along with another "must have" new tool.  The Rectangle Stitched Framelit Dies are a stampers dream come true.  I love how you can easily frame a greeting and the added stitching is awesome.

Both cards included a die cut word from the Well Written Framelit Dies.  Each is cut from Sparkle Glimmer Paper and then pounced with a Petal Pink Ink Pad.  The hardest thing was the dot on top of the "i" in friend.  With the help of my Take Your Pick Tool I tackled and conquered that dumb dot.


Your next stop will take you to see what Charlet Mallett has created for the hop.  Everything she makes is so stylish and clever.  Thanks for stopping by today.


Product List
Wonderful Romance Stamp Set | Wonderful Floral Framelits | Floral Romance Specialty DSP
Fresh Fig, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Sea Foam, and Petal Pink Cardstocks
Basic Black Ink | Mossy Meadow Ink | Petal Pink Ink
Well Written Framelits | Rectangle Stitched Framelits | Sparkle Glimmer Paper
Frosted Flower Embellishments | Metallic Pearls | Fresh Fig Sheer Ribbon | Old Olive Linen Thread
Silver and Petal Pink Bakers Twine


2 comments: