Thursday, November 29, 2018

Fancy Friday Is So Much Fun



I'm in a happy way!! Why?  My missing Buffalo Plaid background stamp is no longer MIA.  It has been found and is once again on my stamp table.  But that's not the end of my happy news...

I have joined the Fancy Friday Blog Hoppers!  This is a team of stellar stampers who have all been on the Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team.  I have followed this hop from it's beginning and I'm honored to be stamping among this heap of talent.

The theme for this month is to make some Christmas cards and show what we are sending out this year.  This year I am sending out a stack of cards in which none are the same.  Since August I have been creating cards and tags all in preparation for the holidays.  I have made them all with the latest and greatest supplies from the Holiday Catalog.  I have bought postage stamps so now all I need is to sit down and enjoy an afternoon to write them up.


This card features the Buffalo Plaid Background Stamp which has been stamped with black ink on Blueberry Bushel.  I wanted to mix up the colors and take a detour from anything red and green or my go to palette this year which is hues of pink and turquoise.  The other fabulous stamp set used to pull this card together is Making Christmas Bright.  To make things easy I used the Christmas Bulb Builder Punch to cut the "merry and bright" bulbs and even the tops of the lights.


I will admit I stamped the background twice.  My first attempt got double stamped and all messed up, so I pulled out my Stamparatus to make a clean and blurry free plaid paper.  I also have to share I really like Black and Blueberry Bushel together with some white and silver--it's not my go to color choice, but it's growing on me for sure.

Your next fancy stop is with my sweet friend Charlet Mallett.  She is a superstar stamper for sure!


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and I love the colour combo! The layering of the deer with the light bulbs makes for a fun look! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a colorcombo! That looks awesome, Elizabeth!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy news all around! So excited to hop with you so more this year as a FANCY friend. I admit, I have to stamp the buffalo check multiple times. I can never get it even. Beautiful cards and fun to see a color I hardly see. Big hugs. Charlet

    ReplyDelete