Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Dragonfly Tip

Yesterday Stampin' Up! featured my dragonfly tip on Instagram!  Read below to see how you can make a dragonfly from the butterfly die in the Springtime Impressions Thinlet Set.
Using the butterfly die from the Springtime Impressions Thinlits make quick and simple dragonflies.  Step 1.  Cut out a butterfly from any cardstock or designer paper.
Step 2.  Use Paper Snips to clip away/trim down the wings of the butterfly to shape a dragonfly.
Here is a close up of my Silver Glimmer Paper dragonfly which is mounted on a distressed circle of Beautiful Promenade DSP and a Whisper White scallop circle.  What I really want to share that is cool about this card is the Blueberry Bushel banner.  Before I cut the banner from the Bunch of Banners Framelits I distressed the cardstock with a bone folder until it was supple enough to separate the fibers into two pieces of paper.  This is how you get the fussy look.  The second cool detail is the embossing folder.  Before I ran it through the Big Shot I preinked the folder with Crumb Cake Ink.
Product List
Springtime Impressions Thinlits | Bunch of Banners Framelits | Layering Circles Framelits |
Seasonal Wreath TIEF | Petal Promenade DSP | 5/8" White Polkadot Ribbon | Mini Silver Sequin Trim | Blossoms Elements | Gray Granite Ink | Blushing Bride & Blueberry Bushel Stampin' Write Markers | Petal Pink, Whisper White, and Blueberry Bushel Cardstocks | Silver Glimmer Paper
Thanks for visiting and many happy stampin' wishes,
Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. I love this card Elizabeth. Love everything about it, all the elements and your tips are wonderful. I do have one question if I may - what die did you use for the Blushing Bride element under the Whisper White scallop circle? I could guess it is the flower die from the Springtime Impressions Thinlits which you have cut down. But what ever it is, it is lovely. Please do tell. Thank you for all your inspiration. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning - thanks so much for the inspiration today!

    ReplyDelete