Thursday, September 20, 2018

Beautiful Promenade Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop

I wish you a big welcome to our September Artisan Blog Hop.  The Petal Promenade Suite, which is jam packed with gorgeous products, is our focus this month.  Having just returned from Puerto Vallarta I had bright fully saturated colors, textural carved styled furniture, varieties of lush palm trees, coco frios, and zesty foods of all delicious sorts inspiring me.  For this hop I could not help myself from diving into all things bright and beautiful when making these cards.
A small surfing town situated just north of Puerto Vallarta is Sayulita.  In this quaint town the streets are lined with shops featuring crafts and handiwork by all sorts of artisans.  I wanted to shop all day!  I found myself soaking up all kinds of great inspiration.

With fond memories of Mexico fresh in my mind I went to work making these cards.  Each includes a hand made background paper painted with stamps.  To paint with stamps all you need are dye based ink pads, stamps, and Glossy White Cardstock.

Tips to Paint with Stamps

Just about any stamp works for this technique.  You can add as much or as little color as you wish.  Sometimes I completely fill the paper so no white is showing and other times I stamp and paint less.  The trick is to twist as you stamp or drag as you stamp and that's it!  The more color you add allows for more blending and takes longer to dry.
The painted cardstock is not only great for custom backgrounds, but I used the papers to stamp lots of the flowers and then cut with the matching dies.  For the second pair of cards I added a bit of design with the Pick a Pattern Washi Tape and the Rose Glimmer Paper.
Tip for the Glimmer Paper

Use a Sponge Brayer to intensify the color.  I added Melon Mambo Ink to the cut Rose Glimmer Paper leaves to better match my background and flowers.
These last two cards are truly reminiscent of the many embroidered blouses and beach coverups that are sold on the Malecon and in shops all over town.  My color combination for these is taken directly from a top I bought.
Tips for adding Dazzling Diamond Glitter

I like to use the Fine Tip Glue Pen to add Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to the centers of the flowers.  The trick is to not use too much glue or the ink will bleed.
Thank you for letting me share my Mexican inspired Beautiful Promenade floral cards with you.  Now, are you in the mood for some more Beautiful Promenade inspiration?  Emma Goddard is where you are hopping to next and she has crafted some gorgeous things.  I am so glad she shares her sweet ideas with us all as she is brilliant.

2018 Artisan Design Team


Product List
Beautiful Promenade Stamp Set | Beautiful Layers Thinlits Dies
Glossy White Cardstock | Coastal Cabana Ink & Cardstock | Shaded Spruce Ink & Cardstock
Granny Apple Green Ink & Cardstock | Flirty Flamingo Ink & Cardstock
Melon Mambo Ink & Cardstock | Whisper White Cardstock | Basic Black Cardstock
Mango Melody Ink | Jet Black Stazon Ink | Sponge Brayers
Adhesive Backed Sequins | Petal Pink Rhinestone Gems | Pick a Pattern Washi Tape
Rose Metallic Thread | Rose Glimmer Paper | Stampin' Dimensional

7 comments:

  1. Painting with stamps?!! This is a super cool idea that I must try. Your backgrounds are totally amazing and the colors are super inspiring. I want to go be inspired in Puerto Vallarta, looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just amazed at all these gorgeous colors! Wow, your backgrounds are so stunning! A really great idea, I must try now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am just loving your inspiration and how you’ve taken it and applied it to your projects today. There’s so much yummy saturated color and texture here. It screams Puerto Vallarta all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much colour! Wow, Liz - beautiful projects each one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love that idea of painting with stamps and your cards are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What color play and beautiful flowers! I love it!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful! I am going to try this painting with stamps technique soon--such beautiful backgrounds. Love, love, love all this colors!

    ReplyDelete