Friday, August 3, 2018

TGIF171

Our most current challenge #TGIF17 is all about a fully saturated color palette.


A while back I watched a how to video for creating watercolored backgrounds.  Mine turned out nothing like the video, but they are pretty cool, full of wild intense color, and are one of a kind.

For this card I started with a card base of Poppy Parade Cardstock with a top fold orientation. Then I cut a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Watercolor Paper, grabbed my Poppy Parade Classic Ink Pad, and found a scrap piece of cellophane.  Now here is what I did to create the background:
  • Spritzed the paper with water.
  • Pounced the cellophane directly on the Poppy Parade Ink Pad.
  • Touched and dragged the inked cellophane across the wet paper.
  • Repeated by adding more color until I had the coverage I liked.
  • Once dry I stamped floral images with Poppy Parade for a subtle bit of detail.

The gorgeous die cuts are from the Botanical Tags Thinlits set and the stamped images are from the coordinating Botanical Bliss Stamp Set.  The bird and greeting are stamped in Blueberry Bushel. That's right I cheated and used the Blueberry Bushel ink because my Pacific Point Ink Pad was bone dry and the refill was nowhere to be found.  Now, I did use Pacific Point Cardstock and So Saffron for the die cuts.  My finishing elements include Linen Thread, Metallic Pearls, and one of the soft yellow Blossoms Elements.



No comments:

Post a Comment