Friday, December 22, 2017

#TGIF139 Last Minute Santa

Why is it that we work and work and bake and wrap and party and shop and we still seem to have last minute things to do just before Christmas comes?  I feel it's because we fully get into the spirit of thinking and wanting to give to others who bless our lives.
Our theme this week at #TGIF139 is Last Minute Santa.

What are you whipping up to make sure you have everything covered for the big Day?
I made a few ornaments that make sweet little thinking of you/neighbor gifts that also double as fancy gift tags.  A Mini Pizza Box is the base for my ornament and inside I have added a Merry Little Christmas Memories and More Card Pack background along with trees and a deer cut from the Card Front Builders Framelits.  With a piece of Window Sheet I closed the scallop square hole which gave me the chance to add a little fake snow -- my favorite.
The top of the box is decorated with a Lemon Lime Twist 1/4" Ombre Ribbon loopy bow, Green Sprigs, a Mini Ornament Embellishment, and a glitter edged greeting banner.  I used the silver color trim from the Tinsel Combo Pack to tie it all together and make an ornament hanger.
The Paper Pumpkin Kit for November was exactly what I needed to put together some sweet treats for my coworkers.  I whipped them up right quick, so quick I didn't even bother to turn them right side out.  I kind of, no scratch that, I REALLY like the serged edge showing.  The rustic look fits the buffalo plaid and Cherry Cobbler Twine.
I filled the stockings with hand cream, butterscotch suckers, chocolate balls, and cinnamon candy canes.  I just need to sign the tags and I'm ready to go!


2 comments: