Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Ready for Fall?

Hand Stamped Sentiment's inspiration board is full of fall images to spark your creative genius.  Maybe some will gravitate to the fall leaves or the sunflowers, but not me.  Instead when I think of fall I imagine all the amazing dahlias that bloom in an array of colors that are opulent, lavish, and sumptuous.  I mostly love the shabby dahlias that are so big they seem to burst with beauty.
 I inked up the Dahlia background image with Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, and Cajun Craze pads.  Before I stamped the flower I splattered Cajun Craze ink all over.  I love the real dahlias that have a natural speckle in them so I had to give that a whirl on my dahlia. 
Take a close look at the greeting and you will see it's partially embossed with Gold Embossing Powder.  To get that partial look I first inked up the greeting with Fresh Fig and then used a sponge dauber to add Versamark ink to just the top portion of the stamp.  It's a simple technique that adds a cool look.

No comments:

Post a Comment