Saturday, June 11, 2016

Simple and My Favorite

Have you ever made a card and just loved it for it's simplicity and ease?  This was one of those for me.  I made this card for display at Onstage.  My focus was the 2015-2017 In Colors and this card specifically was for the Delightful Dijon board.  A year ago when this color came out I was neither blown away nor did I dislike it.  I was just neutral.  Now...I love it!  It's rich, it has great depth, it's warm and inviting; for me it's now a go to favorite color in the Stampin' Up! line.
Yes, this card is simple, but it just made me happy to make as it came together with such ease.  If I had lots of time I would sit down and just make a stack of these.  What I love about the card is how the greeting from Layering Love is framed by the flowers from the Gift of Love Hostess Set.  If you look close at the flowers they are super imperfect.  I meant to do that.  When I added the Basic Gray detail image to the flowers I just scribbled here and there with my marker.  It was totally liberating to let it go and not be so rigid or perfect.
  Product List
Basic Gray Stampin' Write Marker
Basic Gray Stampin' Write Marker
[120966]
$3.50

No comments:

Post a Comment