Sunday, April 19, 2015

Chalkboard Paper Goodness!

So I saw this card on Pinterest that I loved and it had the coolest background paper.  As I studied it I realized it was a big lace stamp that I didn't have anything like...or did I?  I did!  Only it wasn't a stamp, it was an embossing folder.  To achieve a similar look I inked up the debossed side of the Lovely Lace TIEF and ran it through the Big Shot with a piece of Chalkboard Paper.  That paper is so awesome.  It's pure paper goodness.  I did use the Rose Chalk Ink Pad which in person gives the card an extra "pow" of pizzazz.  
The light look of the greeting provides a balance to the visual weight of the background.  The image comes from the Build a Bouquet stamp set.  It was also stamped with the Rose Chalk ink.  There are three different washi tapes on the card.  I have become a bit obsessed with washi tape and have a bin full of which I'm not sure which comes from which pack.
From Dara Gloden
To Julie Warnick



3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I have the same washi obsession and the same washi challenge...all in a pile of who knows goes with what ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this!! I just used that embossing folder for the first time and I know what I'll be using it for the next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! This is the best use of chalk paper I have seen! I never needed the chalk paper, but I might just need it now.

    ReplyDelete