Friday, March 6, 2015

Soft, Subtle, & Gorgeous

Isn't it a wonder at how using the same tools, inks, and technique can look so different just by changing the color of the cardstock?  That's what happened with this card.  I was busy stampin' one day and made a card with Brown Sugar cardstock and the very same elements as I did with this card yet the look was totally different.  This card is soft, subtle, gentle, and so pretty while the Brown Sugar card was more vivacious and striking.  Both equally unique but varied in mood.

For this card I started with Ivory Naturals to watercolor emboss a panel and then layered it on a card base of more Ivory Naturals.  I inked up the Lovely Lace TIEF with Blushing Bride and Pool Party and then spritzed the folder with rubbing alcohol.  I put in the Ivory Naturals panel in the inked folder and then ran it through the Big Shot.

I love the little collection of design elements I used to create a focal point for the theme of the card, but I think my favorite touch is the skinny strip of Champagne Glimmer across the top of the panel.  In person it is elegant and helps direct the eye down the card to the greeting and then the mini butterfly.


No comments:

Post a Comment